Opportunities in Sweden
If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, work-life balance or just curious about living abroad, Sweden could be the place for you.
You might be a bit wary of moving to a new country that you probably know best for IKEA and Volvo, but don’t be! There are some compelling reasons why we think Sweden is a fantastic place to live and work!
Swedes speak English!
Chances are you can live here for years without learning any Swedish. Swedes are widely rated as world number two at English as a second language and it is used as the predominant language of business. (Although we think learning Swedish could be a step in the right direction, it might be a challenge, but worth the effort!)
The welfare system is inclusive
In Sweden there are comprehensive social benefits which mean you don’t have to worry about the cost of healthcare, childcare, or your children’s education, and many other benefits are free of charge.
Innovation is highly valued
Sweden encourages innovation. Swedish companies like IKEA, Ericsson and Spotify have fundamentally changed their fields, and industries such as Automotive Engineering and Energy are looking to be at the cutting edge of new technologies.
The work-life balance
The Swedes take this very seriously, from there 4 weeks National Holiday in the Summer for a start, and they comfortably make extensive use of flexible, casual and smart working hours. This really is the place to enjoy what you do!
Living break down based on single person per month:
- Rent: 4500-10,000 SEK (approx. £380 - £860)
- Travel: 1600.00 SEK (approx. £137)
- Work lunch at local cafes: 1600.00 (approx. £137)
- Food at home: 6000.00 SEK (approx. £517)
- Going out at weekends: 8000 SEK (approx. £689)
- General expenses: 5000 SEK (approx. £431)
Much like in the UK Apex is looking for talented people with Automotive Engineering experience. Below is a snapshot of roles available in Gothenburg alone. If you don’t see your specialism below, don’t worry there are plenty more opportunities out there, the page just wasn’t big enough!
- Engineering Managers
- Project Managers
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Senior Sales Engineers
- Geometry Assurance Engineer (GAE) - Manufacturing Engineering
- CAE/Simulation Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Powertrain Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Studio Engineering
- Engineering Project Manager
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (E&EE)
- Teamcenter development Engineer
Apex offer a fully supported process to help you find work and a new life abroad. We have governmental, business and local contacts to help you find your feet in Sweden, so you don't have to worry about anything.
We appreciate that you might want some additional information, so we’ve put together these useful links:
- Living in Sweden Guide: https://www.swedenabroad.se/
- Local News in Sweden in English: https://www.thelocal.se/
- Work Permits for Sweden Information: https://www.migrationsverket.se/
- Tax Information in Sweden:
- General Information about Sweden: https://www.blocket.se/k
- Find an Apartment in Sweden: https://www.samtrygg.se/
For a non obligation chat about these fantastic opportunities, please contact Luke Munday - email@example.com - or phone 01926 424 154