Workshop Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £16 - 18 per hour
Location: Rednal, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 30 Nov 2018
Reference: 4241 - KA
Our Client is one of the largest automotive corporations in China and is mainly engaged in manufacturing, sales, research and development, and investment in passenger cars, commercial vehicles and components.
Their UK based Technical Centre are currently recruiting for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join their team at their site in Birmingham. Working on several new vehicle concepts in the warranty repairs, mechanical maintenance and repairs, servicing and quality checking of passenger vehicles to ensure new vehicles are delivered to the customer at the highest standards.
This position is offered on an initial 6-month on-going contract paying a rate of £16 - £18 per hour, with long term permanent opportunity for the right candidates.
- Repair of all vehicles to the required specification (Quality Handbook), particular focus on MG’s
- Check vehicles as to the condition of the vehicle prior to conducting work and record as necessary on the repair order / job card.
- Diagnose all types of faults and be able to rectify; feeding quality concerns back into the system.
- Be able to train others to required standards needed to perform rework on MG vehicles.
- Keep working area clean and ensure all vehicles, equipment and special tools are used in the correct manner.
- Carry out work for relevant departments & pre-delivery servicing/repairs on used cars as and when required.
- Filling out repair sheets / job cards detailing the work performed.
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies & procedures.
- Diagnose all types of paint faults and be able to rectify. Report to relevant department Manager and support in feeding quality concerns back into the system.
- NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 in a relevant mechanical discipline is essential
- Must have extensive workshop experience in mechanical fitting and/or paintwork
- Should have comprehensive vehicle knowledge
- Should possess good communication skills
- Clearly interpret and action customers’ requirements
- Should be process driven and fully responsible for quality
- Have a good organisational approach and understand all activities within the area
- Should be able to work on their own initiative
- Understanding of appropriate Health and Safety requirements
- Computer literate
Please Apply Now for more information!