Wire EDM MachinistApply Now
Salary: £12 - 14 per hour
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 08 Jan 2021
Reference: 4746 - EDM
A well-established bespoke manufacturer of form tools are looking for a Wire EDM Machinist to join their team based in Warwick on a Permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £14 per hour.
Working across a range of sectors including Hydraulics, Automotive, Motorsport, Pneumatics, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Marine and Defence to name a few; the successful EDM Machinist will join a small team of Machinistsand be an active member of a varied and exciting future within an evolving company boasting over 50 years’ experience in manufacturing quality cutting tools.
The successful Wire EDM Machinist will benefit from a pay rate in the region of £14 per hour alongside a 36.5 hour working week, free life insurance (x2 of annual salary) and flexible holidays totalling 227 hours per annum (28 days).
The duties and responsibilities of the Wire EDM Machinist;
- Setting and programming of EDM machines
- Work using Sodick 8-axis Wire EDM and Rotary machinery
- Work using Sodick EDM Fast Hole Driller machinery
- Working to fine tolerances
- Work in a bespoke tooling environment
- Complete parts for the tool room
- Must have experience of wire erosion
- Be able to utilise conventional tool room machinery including milling, turning and grinding.
The ideal Wire EDM Machinist:
- Experienced EDM Machinist, programming experience would be advantageous
- Experienced within a tooling manufacture environment with knowledge of EDM spark erosion
- Experienced using Sodick EDM Machinery
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Flexibility towards working hours
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and agreed targets.
- Reliable, consistent and punctual.
- Be a proactive team player.
- Willingness to extend their own skill sets through Company sponsored training.
- Knowledge of working with carbide or high-speed steel
We are interested in speaking with Wire EDM Machinists with experience in Wire / Spark erosion from a range of industries, experience within a tooling environment would be advantageous.