Welder FabricatorApply Now
Salary: £30.85 - 30.85 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Aug 2021
Welder / Fabricator required to join a leading Manufacturing Engineering department in Castle Bromwich on an ongoing contract basis, working a rotating day shift paying between £30.85 per hour.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Welder / Fabricator to join their team based in Castle Bromwich. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis.
You will be working in a manufacturing machine shop environment undertaking the assembly and building of pallets, stillages, fixtures, jigs and specialist parts. With the ability to interpret and read engineer drawings and sketches, the successful Welder / Fabricator will also be confident in using MIG, TIG and CO2 welding techniques as well as a range of hand tools, bench-fitting and pipe fitting techniques. Individuals with experience in Laser cutting will have a distinct advantage.
THE IDEAL WELDER / FABRICATOR:
- Apprenticeship qualified with a City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Ideally coded or previously coded,
- It is essential that you have experience of welding techniques (MIG, TIG and CO2)
- Experience in laser cutting will be highly beneficial
- Be able to work to read and interpret engineer drawings and sketches
- Be confident using a range of hand tools
- Have knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Have a flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
WORKING HOURS (37 hours)
Shift 1: Monday-Thursday 6am-2pm. Friday 6am-11am
Shift 2: Monday-Thursday 2pm-10pm. Fridat 10:45am-3:45pm.
Key Skills: Mechanical Fitter, Welder – MIG / TIG / CO2, Laser cutting, Fabrication, Assembler, Build, Bench-fitting, Pipe Fitting, Milling, Turning, Hand Tools
THIS ROLE IS DEEMED INSIDE OF IR35.