Salary: £14.60 - 19.42 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 16 Mar 2021
Reference: 4810 - KA
Experienced Welder required to join a team of skilled fabricators based in Castle Bromwich paying a rate of £14.60 - £19.42 per hour (Shift dependant).
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Welder to join their team. This role is offered on a contract basis with the potential for further contract extensions for the right candidate.
WELDER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in the assembly or fabrication of mechanical parts, pieces, or products
- Cutting and preparing steel plate and box section
- Welding using MIG, TIG and CO2 Techniques
- Using various equipment, to include Band saw, Pillar drill, Angle grinder, Mag drill, Tape measure
- Cutting steel using a band saw to a tolerance of -1mm
- Cleaning material using an angle grinder and drilling steel using various machinery
- Feed raw materials into production machinery and production lines
- Monitor the production process
- Carry out basic quality and testing checks
- Store goods and raw materials properly in our warehouse
- Use lifting equipment and forklift trucks to fulfil orders
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Maintain work areas and equipment
- Painting of finished fabrications
- Regularly lift 20 - 40 kilograms
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week – 2 working patterns available.
Rotating Shift Pattern 1-week rotation: £14.60 - £17.12 per hour
Shift 1: Monday to Thursday 6.00am – 14.00pm & Friday 6.00am – 11.00am
Shift 2: Monday to Thursday 14.00pm – 22.00pm & Friday 10.45am – 15.45pm
Night Shift: £16.68 - £19.42 per hour
Monday – Thursday – 21.00pm – 6.30am
This role is deemed Inside of IR35. Please Note: Due to the IR35 determination the latter pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fees.