Warehouse OperativeApply Now
Salary: £23.7k per year
Location: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 04 Aug 2022
An exciting opportunity to join a global organisation within the automotive industry as a Warehouse Operative has arisen.
The Warehouse Operative role would be based in Buckingham and would be offered on a full-time permanent basis, benefitting from a salary of up to £23,700 per annum (dependent on experience) plus a competitive company pension.
As the Warehouse Operative, you will be responsible for contributing to the day to day running of the stores department. This will include helping to ensure that the inventory accuracy is at the highest possible level, to ensure projects are completed on time and accurately.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE DUTIES:
- Always ensure full adherence to 5S practices
- Responsible for dealing with goods coming in and going out of the department including receiving parts, materials and placing in stock locations both systematically and physically
- Issue materials for production per daily work list
- Deliver materials/equipment/items to shopfloor/work areas as required
- Maintain the Inventory ERP system, ensuring full traceability of all stored materials/items.
- Highlight stock shortages
- Undertake stock counts and reconciliation against inventory take in accordance with schedule
- Dispatch products to the customers, ensuring that appropriate packaging is used, and delivery times are met in the most cost-effective manner.
- Contribute and drive continuous improvement initiatives within department
THE IDEAL WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE:
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT stills (Excel, Outlook, Work, PowerPoint)
- Previous stores / warehouse experience
- Have good PC skills and knowledge
- Organised and methodical approach to stock
- Solve problems encountered during the process.
- Pro-active, able to work using their own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multitask
- Flexibility, as overtime maybe required.
- Responsible for completing required safety training, reporting and correcting any unsafe practices as appropriate, completing work activities in a safe manner, and complying with safety and health requirements for respective position.
Hours - 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Wednesday 7am-5pm and Thursday 7am-4pm)
To learn more about this exciting Warehouse Operative opportunity, please apply today, or call our office on 01926 424154.