Virtual Vehicle Project LeaderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 10 Jul 2018
Reference: 4090 - Apex CG
Contract: Rolling yearly contract
Our client is a well-established International Product Development business that combine technology, usability and design solutions for a wide range of prestigious clients across the world. This includes Design Management, Digital Distribution, Innovation Labs and Delivery models just to name a few. You would be part of an experienced automotive team pushing the boundaries and striving for excellence to deliver quality results for their clients.
The main role of the Engineer will be to set up and develop the processes and activities to allow the future evaluation of future vehicles for Serviceability and influence future Repair Processes. To achieve this you will be required to do the following:
- Liase with both clients and stakeholders internally
- Asses both programme and technical feasibility
- Develop robust requirements for the project for service evaluation of vehicle from series production through to EOL of vehicle
· Examine future vehicle designs for potential serviceability issues.
· Interact with the vehicle development team to feedback issues
· Carry out assessments using a virtual tool set
· Carry out assessments to check component removal paths
· Where feasibility issues arise recommend changes and validate proposals.
· Create labour times to support issues and service requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project management
- Commercial exposure
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing
- Hands on vehicle experience is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle maintenance & repair.
- Good working knowledge of vehicles, vehicle systems/diagnostics and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Flexibility & ability to work in fast moving/changing environment.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work proactively both individually or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.