Virtual Vehicle Engineer / SERP EngineerApply Now
Salary: £23 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 May 2019
Reference: 4328 - Apex SG
Position: Virtual Vehicle Engineer / SERP Engineer
Rate: £23.00 per hour
Contract: Rolling yearly contract
Our client, an ever-evolving automotive manufacturer with an impressive heritage and truly exciting future, is currently looking for a unique individual with a structured and methodical approach. Working within a small, specialist team to virtually interrogate future model designs to assess the serviceability and feasibility for service repair processes. The successful candidate will take pride in working on whole vehicles belonging to two of the world’s most iconic brands.
As a company that is passionate about engineering, our client continually pushes the boundaries of innovation and redefines the benchmark for excellence. We’re therefore looking for a likeminded individual who will strive for excellence and be an advocate of the brand.
The Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) Engineer will be required to do the following:
- Examine design models on new vehicle programmes for potential serviceability issues.
- Work closely with service representatives from the Upstream Customer Service (UCS) department to feedback potential serviceability issues to the vehicle programme team.
- Carry out digital tool feasibility assessments.
- Carry out withdrawal path feasibility assessments.
- Carry out vehicle component removal feasibility assessments in the Virtual Innovation Centre.
- Where feasibility issues arise, the SERP (Service Evaluation Repair Process) Engineer is required to communicate with specific product development teams to recommend changes and validate proposals.
- Create labour times to support issues and service requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Hands on vehicle experience is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle maintenance & repair.
- Good working knowledge of vehicles, vehicle systems/diagnostics and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Flexibility & ability to work in fast moving/changing environment.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work proactively both individually or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.