Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £26k - 28k per year
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 07 Apr 2019
Reference: 4312 - KA
Vehicle Technician required to join an expanding family business in leading commercial vehicle group based in Leeds, paying a salary in the region of £26,000 - £28,000 per annum.
A family owned and run business are expanding and are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Vehicle Technician to join a BRAND-NEW CENTRE opening in Leeds.
With a dynamic and forward-thinking work ethic, you’ll be part of a large network of centres who strive to deliver an excellent experience at all levels. The Vehicle Technician be an expert in fault finding and diagnostics with the ability to provide solutions to customers in a timely and quality manner. You’ll be welcomed in to an established team who have helped grow and develop the business over the years and support them on regular servicing, routine maintenance and warranty work alike to achieve company goals and contribute to team targets.
Our client is looking for a time served, qualified Vehicle Technician with a flair for Diagnostics ideally qualified to Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) standards alongside experience in using Diagnostic System equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Liaison with the Workshop Manager and wider workshop team regarding jobs
- Fault finding and diagnosis
- Use of in-house diagnostic system equipment (ODIS)
- Complete diagnostic repairs on a range of vehicle models
- Carry out required work on vehicles
- Servicing and regular maintenance
- Complete warranty work
- Communication of work required, and work carried out to customers
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance to work carried out
- Complete all work to the highest standards within scheduled time-frames
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and Workshop Housekeeping procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate;
- Qualified to NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 standards within an Automotive discipline
- MOT Testing licence Class 4 and 7 would be an advantage
- Previous experience within an Independent or Main Dealership environment
- Previous experience in Diagnostic Equipment (ODIS Diagnostic Systems preferred)
- Ownership of fully equipped Tool Box
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday: Rotating shift pattern across the hours of 7am – 6pm
Saturdays on a team rota basis: 8am – 12pm
For further information and to have a confidential discussion with a member of our team, please apply with a copy of your CV.