Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £19.50 - 23.40 per hour
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 30 Jun 2022
Reference: 5551 - RC
Vehicle Technician required to join a Global Automotive Manufacturer within their Quality Performance / Issue Diagnosis department based in Nuneaton paying £19.50 per hour.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently recruiting for a Vehicle Technician to join their Team onsite at MIRA Technology Park in Nuneaton. This is a long-term ongoing contracting position.
The team centres around an Issue Diagnosis Centre comprising of its own workshop and offices based at Mira where an extensive range of testing facilities are available to replicate failures and test parts whilst working collaboratively with suppliers and engineers to diagnose the warranty issue.
Working alongside a team of engineers, the successful Vehicle Technician will have the ability to work collaboratively with those who are experts in powertrain, electrical, body and chassis systems in order to meet demand and deliver customer benefit. The successful Vehicle Technician will be experienced in working on all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair including body and trim, mechanical and electrical work.
The duties of the Vehicle Technician:
- Fit warranty retuned parts to fleet of test vehicles following procedures and engineers’ instructions.
- Return the vehicles to standard specification after testing which will includes the replacement and identification of any “one use” parts, or parts damaged during testing.
- Assist engineers with the testing of the fleet vehicles as required.
- Work in accordance with the department’s local procedures, health and safety procedures, 5’s, PPE
- Fill out and update the vehicles job card via Fleet Management System.
The ideal Vehicle Technician:
- Previous experience of working as a technician in a workshop (OEM or dealership)
- A minimum of a recognised level 3 qualification in motor vehicle repair
- A collaborative approach to working with others
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a maximum of 6 points.
- High Voltage Vehicle diagnosis and repair, industry standard qualified (desirable)
- HV Authorised / Senior Authorised person (recognised by British Standard Approver)- (desired).
Working Hours: 40 hours per week.
Monday-Friday 7.00am-15.30pm (30-minute lunch break)
A flexible attitude towards working hours is needed as overtime will be required on occasion.
Pay Rate:£19.50 per hour
Please Note: The final payrate offered will be uplifted to include Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution towards payroll through an Umbrella company.