Vehicle Technician / Service Tooling Product DevelopmentApply Now
Salary: £25k - 30k per year
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 12 Jan 2022
Vehicle Technician / Service Tooling Product Development
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30am - 17:00pm (1/2-hour unpaid lunch)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Holiday Entitlement: 33-days (inclusive of bank holidays)
Vehicle Technician / Service Tooling Product Development with a Vehicle Technician / Service background required to join a manufacturer of automotive aftermarket tooling solutions on a permanent, basis based in Redditch paying a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum. This role will be part of the companies Product Development team and you will be utilising your hands-on experience and expertise as a Vehicle Technician to apply this to developing new products.
Our client is a leading supplier of automotive aftermarket tooling, supplying into over 25 countries worldwide. As an award winning and innovative company within engine setting and locking tools, our client has grown a customer base which ranges from OE Parts Manufacturers to Car Part Distributors and International Tool companies.
They are currently looking for a Vehicle Technician / Service Tooling Product Development Engineer to join their team based in Redditch, Worcestershire on a full time, permanent basis. This position offers the opportunity to move away from a busy automotive workshop environment and into an office-based development position for new product offerings within the Automotive industry.
Using your skills and experience as a Vehicle Technician, the successful Vehicle Technician / Service Tooling Product Development Engineer will be a key driving force in ensuring the company is up to date with existing product information and new development projects assisting in tool design and testing. You will be an experienced Vehicle Technician with strong all-round vehicle knowledge looking to move into a tooling development role and qualified to NVQ Level 3 standards within Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (or equivalent).
In return for your technical knowledge and experience, the successful Automotive Tooling Product Developer will benefit from a salary in the region of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum alongside enhanced additional annual leave of 33 days per year including bank holidays (34 days in 2022 to account for the additional bank holiday).
- Research and development of new products for the company which are relevant to their customer base.
- Undertake research to check the application coverage of existing products ensuring the company has the most recent information.
- Support the marketing of the company’s products including assisting with the production of demonstration rigs, action shots and videos of tool being used.
- Locating and using Aftermarket/OEM published information to compile company records to assist and support maintenance of existing product information and new development projects.
- Liaising with existing trade contacts and finding new ones to enhance the company’s ability to keep abreast of what is happening in workshops and assist with research on tooling requirements. All trade contacts should be recorded within appropriate company records along with as much supporting information as possible including all notes from interactions with such contacts.
- Maintaining an awareness of new vehicles in the market, in particular, technical developments regarding the use of tooling in the servicing of such.
- Maintaining an awareness of the competition in the marketplace through online research of websites, social media, and subscription services.
- Finding appropriate vehicle parts to assist with tool design and testing. This work will include ensuring that any purchases required to be made by the company are checked against other market options to ensure the best value for money. The role will include possible collection of such parts using the company van and preparing them for the work which will be required of them on arrival at the company.
- Being responsible for both the testing of all prototype tools on vehicle parts obtained and brought to the company workshop or by visiting trade contacts and observing such work being done by them.
- Helping with the creation of user instructions by ensuring we have photographic images and a clearly written usable procedure.
- Helping with the creation of video to demonstrate the use of a tool we are/or have developed to support the sales/marketing department.
- To assist with the maintenance of the product development workshop area within the company ensuring it is clean and tidy and that all testing equipment whether it be vehicle parts or tooling is clearly identifiable and stored appropriately.
- You will be expected to answer customer technical questions/queries in relation to products which the company supplies to the market in a timely and appropriate manner via telephone, electronic correspondence, or face to face contact.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven hands-on experience as a Vehicle Technician with all round knowledge of vehicle applications
- Have experience of different automotive brands
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft software packages and all-round computer skill
- Strong communication skill with the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.