Vehicle Technician / MechanicApply Now
Salary: £19 per hour
Location: Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 12 Jan 2022
Upper Heyford, Bicester
A large and well-established company are seeking a Vehicle Technician / Automotive Workshop Mechanic to join their team in Upper Heyford paying £19.00 per hour.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, are currently looking for a Vehicle Technician / Automotive Mechanic to join their Workshop Team providing Servicing, Repairs, Warranty work, Recalls and Reworks within a mechanical, electrical, diagnostic and trim discipline.
The successful Vehicle Technician / Automotive Workshop Mechanic will be experienced in working with the latest makes and models and confident in all aspects of maintenance and repair.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large state of the art workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We’re therefore looking for likeminded individuals who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the removal and replacement of Mechanical, Electrical and Trim items
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and industry guidelines
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures and within the estimates repair times
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when complete
- Report on the job card all faults or defects detected
- Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle directly to the Estimator/ Workshop Supervisor
- Undertaking Inspections, repairs and servicing in accordance with established conditions and operating instructions
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager
- Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Level 3 NVQ or City and Guilds essential
- Experience with Toyota models would be an advantage
- Can interpret and implement technical instruction data
- Must be customer focused
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Great team player, willing to help others
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to produce high quality work
- Logical and thorough in approach
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5pm and Friday 8.30am – 4pm with opportunity for overtime