Vehicle Technician / MechanicApply Now
Salary: £16.77 - 19.53 per hour
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 21 Jul 2021
Reference: 4869 - KA
Experienced Vehicle Technician / Mechanic with an Electric bias required to join a leading OEM based in Nuneaton on an ongoing contract basis.
Our client is the UK’s best kept secret sneaking into the UK’s automotive market with a brand-new workshop based in Nuneaton. Taking Electrical Vehicles by storm our client is a leading OEM with the drive and determination to make position changes to the automotive industry by pushing the benchmark of electric vehicles to achieve a climate-neutral future.
They are currently looking to recruit for a number of Vehicle Technician / Mechanic’s to join them on their journey to develop their Electric models of the future and set the standard of excellence for Electric Vehicles across the worldwide automotive market. This role is offered on an initial 6 month contract basis with scope for further extensions and permanent opportunities.
The Vehicle Technician / Mechanic will be responsible for the whole vehicle build of pilot electric vehicles including component assembly, sub assembly and whole vehicle build from the ground up. Using your Mechanical, Electrical and Trim skills you will assist in the early-stage prototype process in a state-of-the-art facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VEHICLE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
- Whole vehicle preparation, assembly and build mainly covering Trim and Final Assembly
- Mechanical and Electrical assembly and build tasks including:
- Component assembly & Sub-assemblies – building parts and components from scratch.
- Building whole vehicles from scratch working within a bay-build discipline including
- Mechanical, electrical and trim creation and fitment.
- Fitting part/full interior Trim packages
- Using all round knowledge of EV’s and Hybrid vehicles
- Applying knowledge of whole vehicle instrumentation on test / development vehicles
- Diagnosis and support logging of build issues and engineering improvements
- Reading and interpreting engineer drawings
- Experience of using a variety of handheld tools.
- Experience of working with precision components.
THE IDEAL VEHICLE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
- Level 3 City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable.
- Electric Vehicle / Hybrid Level 3 (IMI or equivalent) desirable, Level 2 essential
- Capable of interfacing with modern day vehicle electrical systems
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicle.
- Good engineering background essential
- Candidates with a motorsport background would thrive in this environment.
- Experience of previous vehicle assembly/build work is essential.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Resourceful with a proven record of being able to solve problems.
- Ability to develop good technical solutions to build/ quality issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
HOURS: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 16.45pm Friday 8.00am – 2.30pm (30 mine unpaid lunch break) 39 hours
PAY: £16.77 per hour (PAYE)
Key Skills: Vehicle Technician / Mechanic / Whole Vehicle Build / Vehicle Assembly / Maintenance and Repair / Mechanical Repairs / Electrical Repairs