Vehicle Technician / MechanicApply Now
Salary: £25k - 29k per year + BONUS & BENEFITS
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 08 Apr 2019
Reference: 4317 - KA
Vehicle Technician required to join a leading commercial vehicle group based in Manchester, paying a salary in the region of £25,000 PLUS a rewarding Bonus Scheme and additional benefits.
A UK leading franchised retail group who partners with many of the world’s best brands are seeking to recruit an experienced Vehicle Technician to join their recently opened and one of the UK’s largest, Commercial Workshop based in the heart of Manchester.
With a dynamic and forward-thinking work ethic, you’ll be part of a large team of talented technicians supported by a wider network of centres across the brand. You’ll be an expert in mechanical maintenance and repair with the ability to adapt your skills to work on new and used commercial vehicle platforms. With the highest standards and customer service in mind you’ll be welcomed in to an established team and support them on regular servicing, maintenance, mechanical repairs and warranty work alike to achieve company goals and contribute to team targets.
Our client is looking for a time served, qualified Vehicle Technician to Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) standards alongside experience within a main dealership environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Liaison with the Service Manager and wider Technician team regarding jobs
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance of commercial vehicles
- Servicing of commercial vehicles
- Fault finding and diagnosis on vehicles using in-house diagnostic system equipment (ODIS)
- Complete diagnostic repairs on a range of vehicle models
- Complete warranty work to manufacturer specifications
- Communication of work required, and work carried out to customers
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance to work carried out
- Complete all work to the highest standards within scheduled time-frames
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and Workshop Housekeeping procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate;
- Qualified to NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 standards within an Automotive discipline
- MOT Testing licence, Class 4 and 7 (desirable)
- Previous experience within a Dealership environment
- Experienced working on commercial vehicles (desired not essential)
- Previous experience in Diagnostic Equipment (ODIS Diagnostic Systems desirable)
- Ownership of equipped Tool Box
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm (flexible for the right candidate)
Saturdays: 8.30am – 12.30am (on a team rota basis)
To have a confidential conversation with a member of our Team please apply now with your CV.