Vehicle Technician / Diagnostic TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £23k - 25k per year + BONUS
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 01 Apr 2019
Reference: 4309 - KA
Diagnostic / Vehicle Technician required to join a leading commercial vehicle group based in Preston, paying £23,000 - £25,000 per annum PLUS a rewarding Bonus Scheme.
A family owned and run motor group are seeking to recruit a confident and experienced Vehicle Technician to join their team based in Preston with a key focus of Diagnostics.
With a dynamic and forward-thinking work ethic, you’ll be part of a large network of centres who strive to deliver an excellent experience at all levels. Reporting to the Aftersales Manager you’ll be an expert in fault finding and diagnostics with the ability to provide solutions to customers in a timely and quality manner. You’ll be welcomed in to an established team and support them on regular servicing, routine maintenance and warranty work alike to achieve company goals and contribute to team targets.
Our client is looking for a time served, qualified Vehicle Technician ideally to Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) standards alongside experience in using Diagnostic System equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Liaison with the Workshop Manager and wider Technician team regarding jobs
- Fault finding and diagnosis on vehicles
- Use of in-house diagnostic system equipment (ODIS)
- Complete diagnostic repairs on a range of vehicle models
- Carry out required work on vehicles
- Servicing and regular maintenance of vehicles
- Complete warranty work
- Communication of work required, and work carried out to customers
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance to work carried out
- Complete all work to the highest standards within scheduled time-frames
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and Workshop Housekeeping procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate;
- Qualified to NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 standards within an Automotive discipline
- Previous experience within an Independent or Main Dealership environment
- Previous experience in Diagnostic Equipment (ODIS Diagnostic Systems preferred)
- Ownership of fully equipped Tool Box
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 17:00pm
Saturdays on a team rota basis (on average 1 in 3) - paid as Overtime
For more information and to arrange a confidential discussion with a member of our Team please apply with your CV.