Vehicle InspectorApply Now
Salary: £25k - 27k per year
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 07 Jun 2021
Vehicle Inspector required on a full time, permanent basis in Newark, Nottinghamshire, benefitting from a salary of £25,00 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + a company car.
Our client has a network o over 600 independent vehicle hire companies across the United Kingdom working with some of the biggest names in the industry. They are currently seeking a Vehicle Inspector to join their existing team on a permanent basis.
The role is field based predominantly covering the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire areas. On occasions this can extend slightly further out.
VEHICLE INSPECTOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Viewing vehicles at various defleet centres and authorising estimates.
- Monitoring of field / site vehicle inspections to ensure process compliance within contractual requirements and providing feedback in ongoing review meetings to ensure that the business needs are met.
- Ensuring that charges and repair methods quoted are correct as per the standard/matrix in place, whilst minimising losses to the business
- Dealing with customer disputes in an arbitration capacity.
- Monitoring transport/site damage and missing items.
- Identifying and actively pursuing opportunities for process and business improvement.
- Answering telephones in a confident manner to assist customers who may have a query.
- Run and maintain various reports to ensure that vehicles are processed in a timely manner.
- Chase, receive and process vehicle estimates from defleet suppliers.
- Check and process customer refurbishment charges.
- Provide administrative support to the other team members when required, including but not limited to; V11 tax reminders, V5 documentation and Processing vehicle defleets.
THE IDEAL VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
- Experience working as a Vehicle Inspector is essential
- Must have a sound knowledge of vehicle repair methods.
- Ability to interpret and apply Vehicle rental and leasing standards.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Competent with MS Office applications.
- Work as both part of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Hold a full UK driving licence as this is a field-based role.
WORKING HOURS OF THE VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
40hrs per week 8am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.