Vehicle InspectorApply Now
Salary: £25k - 27k per year
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 08 Jun 2021
Reference: 4927 - AW
Field-based Vehicle Inspector required to join Britain’s leading vehicle rental network on a full time, permanent basis benefitting from a salary in the region of £25,000 - £27,000 per annum + Company benefits.
An opportunity has arisen to join a leading rental network who support over 600 independent vehicle hire companies across over 750 rental locations throughout the UK. Reporting to the Defleet Manager the successful Vehicle Inspector will take on a field-based position working across the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas supporting some of the biggest names in industry.
As a field-based Vehicle Inspector, you will be issued your own company car, expensed with a company credit card, which will take you across various locations to view and inspect a range of vehicles and authorise estimates and attending the vehicle hub when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and energetic business who celebrate their employees with team activities including BBQ’s and garden parties, benefitting from a salary of £25,000 - £27,000 (negotiable for the right Vehicle Inspector) working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with no weekend work required.
VEHICLE INSPECTOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Viewing vehicles at various de-fleet centres and authorising estimates.
- Monitoring of field / site vehicle inspections to ensure process compliance within contractual requirements and providing feedback in ongoing review meetings to ensure that the business needs are met.
- Ensuring that charges and repair methods quoted are correct as per the standard/matrix in place, whilst minimising losses to the business
- Dealing with customer disputes in an arbitration capacity.
- Monitoring transport/site damage and missing items.
- Identifying and actively pursuing opportunities for process and business improvement.
- Answering telephones in a confident manner to assist customers who may have a query.
- Run and maintain various reports to ensure that vehicles are processed in a timely manner.
- Chase, receive and process vehicle estimates from de-fleet suppliers.
- Check and process customer refurbishment charges.
- Provide administrative support to the other team members when required, including but not limited to; V11 tax reminders, V5 documentation and Processing vehicle de-fleets.
THE IDEAL VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
- Experience working as a Vehicle Inspector is essential
- Must have a sound knowledge of vehicle repair methods.
- Ability to interpret and apply Vehicle rental and leasing standards.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Competent with MS Office applications.
- Work as both part of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Hold a full UK driving licence as this is a field-based role.
WORKING HOURS OF THE VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
40hrs per week 8am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.