Vehicle EstimatorApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 12 Jul 2021
Main Purpose of Role
Our Technical Services operation manages all vehicles arriving at our premises. It includes checking vehicles in upon arrival, full inspection, and marshalling/staging of those vehicles at all key points of our vehicle preparation processes. Critical to the role is the safe and efficient delivery of the right car to the right place at the right time on our site.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Vehicle movements – Identifying, locating and movement of all vehicles from small cars to vans including high value, prestige models.
- Ensure that all vehicles are parked appropriately in their stock and holding areas, to ensure no damage occurs to the vehicle.
- To make sure the vehicle stock areas are managed and kept tidy, making clear divisions between our manufacture’s vehicles where possible.
- Inspecting all vehicles coming on to site, either from return bookings or remarketing inspections and identify where additional work, be it mechanical or Bodyshop, is required.
- When work is required, applying the correct repair method to generate accurate costing for client estimate.
- Managing vehicle stock ensuring all vehicles on site are accounted for and system always reflects vehicles status
- Inspecting for any bodywork damage on the vehicle and checking for any loose items such as handbook packs, spare wheels, tyre condition, SD cards are present.
- Liaising with Technical Services administrator to highlight any parts prices required to complete vehicle estimate.
- Prioritise urgent vehicles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of repair methods be that Bodywork or Mechanical Repairs
- Ability to complete Audatex estimates.
- Take remarketing images of completed vehicles in our photobooth and turntable to allow the client to list vehicle for sale, ensuring vehicle condition is appropriate.
- Assist in helping others where necessary, according to the needs of the business.
- Be responsible for housekeeping and paperwork within your work area.
- To abide the sites H&S processes and to keep the workshop areas clean.
- To carry out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.