Upholstery TrimmerApply Now
Salary: £35k - 40k per year
Location: Flecknoe, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 29 Apr 2022
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: £36,000-£40,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a skilled Upholstery Trimmer to work for a specialist automotive company whose adeptness is in highly prestigious vintage vehicle restorations. They are a family run business who pride themselves on the highest quality products, attention to detail and specialist know-how. Their services range from restoration projects to vintage part supply, classic trim work and rally preparation.
The duties and responsibilities of the Upholstery Trimmer:
- Full development, patterning and trimming skills required.
- Experience of continuous development of a product from early design to production intent.
- Produce high quality interior and exterior trim for custom, classic and vintage cars using a variety of materials including leather, vinyl, hooding materials and carpets
- Day to day: Applicant to join highly skilled team restoring classic and vintage cars in a world renown business
- A high level of CAD understanding, being able to highlight potential trim issues on screen
- Ability to modify development seat foams (material on and off)
- Expert experience of working with a wide range of natural and synthetic soft materials and experience working in a Upholstery Trimmer environment
It is essential that the Upholstery Trimmer:
- Must be able to Sew, Cut, Pattern and fit various types of materials
- Repair and make seat cushions and squabs using horsehair and foam
- Be proficient in fluting, quilting and deep button styles
- Capable in produce hoods and tonneaux for all types of cars
- Design and make trim for bespoke cars with no original leather to pattern from
- Have any mechanical or wood working skills
- Personality: Enthusiastic, team player, flexible, polite, able to deal directly with customers
To show your interest in this Upholstery Trimmer role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.