Underbody Component & System Hardware EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25.50 - 25.50 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2021
Role: Underbody Component & System Hardware Engineer
Location: Solihull & Gaydon
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Hourly Rate: £25.50 per hour
- To coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of Underbody components.
- Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
- The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the release & validation activities across specific programmes
- Strong knowledge of injection moulding, Alu pressing & compression moulding parameters to ensure CAD is feasible and minimise supplier amendments
- Passionate for consistently delivering high quality under pressure with high complexity & variation in component types
- Methodical, considered, data driven, resilient, strong under pressure.
- Thorough. Thinks about the solutions and offers options & recommendation
- Having proven experience of Engineering delivery primarily in new tool items with solid understanding of a well-Engineered product including specifications, good Engineering practise, testing, evidence & adherence to timeline
- Previous experience within engineering or homologation departments
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Understanding & working knowledge of problem solving including 8D, cause & effect & risk management