Tube Laser Project EngineerApply Now
Salary: £26.44 - 26.44 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Aug 2021
Tube Laser Project Engineer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Pay rate: £26.44 per hour
Hours: Days - 40-hours per week
The Tube Laser Project Engineer will be responsible for the design and project management of Tube Cutting projects across the business. They will take the job from a 2D drawing and process all required documentation to make it ready for production. This will involve assessing the designs for manufacturing feasibility and proposing changes, reviewing drawings and BOMs. They will work with purchasing to obtain all the required materials, and with the operations manager to schedule each part of the pallet manufacturing process, including ensuring all build documentation is supplied to the production team. This Tube Laser Project Engineer role will involve managing multiple jobs at a time, ensuring build schedules can be met.
Key responsibilities of the Tube Laser Project Engineer will also include:
- Ensuring all jobs are prepared for manufacturing in good time.
- Break down a job into inhouse manufactured parts and bought out items.
- Assess parts for manufacturing feasibility and propose changes to difficult-to-manufacture parts.
- Validate drawings and create cutting and plastics manufacturing job lists.
- Ensure all bought out items are on site and ready for use when required.
- Work with the Laser Cutting team to ensure all materials are available for production.
- In-depth knowledge of 5s (training provided)
- In-depth knowledge of the Health and safety requirements of fabrication shop and spray-painting operations (some training provided)
- Use of word, excel, outlook, power point and MS Project.
- Use of CATIA for design modifications.
- Perform and create quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards and functionality.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
The Ideal Tube Laser Project Engineer will need:
- Experience working with engineering drawings in a tube cutting environment.
- IT skills: excel, word, power point and MS Project.
- CAD experience. CATIA preferred but not essential.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- HNC or higher-level qualification in a relevant field.