Trim Fitter / Trim AssemblerApply Now
Salary: £25 per hour
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Mar 2022
Reference: 5189 - RC
Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on an ongoing contract basis paying £25 per hour.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for a highly skilled Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler to join an existing team of experts with an eye for detail and a finesse to their skill. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and attention to detail is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless vehicles to a bespoke number of customers.
The Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler will be responsible for the build of interior trim and hardware of luxury vehicles working to bespoke and custom specifications to create one-of-a-kind interiors. Working with leather, cloth and carbon the Trim Fitter will be responsible for the flawless fitment and rework of trim parts and components which includes the removal and refit of panels on whole vehicles to allow access as well as fitting interiors to ensure a flawless finish and ensuring high quality is found in each stitch.
In return, the successful Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility.
Our client is looking to place a skilled Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler on an initial contracting basis, with permanent opportunities available to those who show the correct skill and team fit. Successful candidates will receive a pay rate of £25 per hour working a Day Shift Monday to Friday with ample opportunity for overtime!
The duties and responsibilities of the Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler:
- Rework and fit vehicle interior trim and hardware to achieve world class fit and finish standards.
- Strip and build exterior body panels and trim to include panel profiles to the highest standard.
- Working with a range of materials including leather, cloth and carbon.
- Follow customer specifications, working to strict quality requirements.
- Support with continuous improvements to processes in design and quality.
- Support with logging of build issues and work with engineers to support with continuous improvements.
The ideal Trim Fitter / Trim Assembler:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicle interior trim fitment.
- Experience working with leather, cloth and carbon trim.
- Candidates with a classic vehicle or motorsport background would thrive in this environment.
- Experience working with high-end or luxury vehicles in desirable.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to create a faultless finish
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 7.30am – 16.15pm and Friday 7.00am – 15.30pm with the opportunity for weekday and Saturday overtime.
Pay: £25 per hour
Please note, this role is deemed inside of IR35. The final pay rate offered will be inclusive of the Assignment pay rate, holiday pay and Apex Recruitments contribution towards Employer Costs.
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.