Trainee TIG WelderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2018
Reference: 4110 - Apex SG
Trainee TIG Welder
Days - 8am-4pm; Monday - Friday
This role would be ideal if you are looking to further your experience with a company that will invest in your personal development.
Role: An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced MIG/TIG Welder for a growing automotive specialist. Offering fantastic working hours of Monday to Friday 08:00am to 16:00pm, this role would offer the successful Welder a great working environment and a varied and challenging working day.
Company: A leading Automotive component and parts specialists that deliver a vast and extensive product portfolio to their expansive and continually growing client and customer base. Constantly pushing the boundaries of customer specifications and quality, this is a company that is rapidly expanding throughout the Automotive sector.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To use MIG and/or TIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules, using the information contained within the works orders.
- Working predominantly with stainless steel of gauges 0.9mm-3mm.
- To supply quality parts & assemblies from jigs & fixtures, using company SOP's
- Work on any new projects as required.
- Support the Quality Assurance department with respect to jig & fixture evaluation.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Experience of welding using MIG & ideally TIG welding techniques or relevant qualifications.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be a strong team player with a "Can Do" attitude
- Must be able to work diligently and with minimum of supervision
- May be required to work additional hours to meet workload
- Must be flexible in approach, willing take on other tasks, and be responsive to changing demands and situations