Tooling Strategy & Design Engineer - Design Risk AssessmentApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Jun 2021
Role: Tooling Strategy & Design Engineer – Design Risk Assessment
Location: Gaydon - requirement to support other manufacturing sites in the Midlands
Contract type: Ongoing contract
We are looking for an engineer who comes with a wealth of experience across the Automotive Built industry. This is a Tooling Design Engineer with focus on Design Risk Assessment within Manufacturing Engineering.
- Responsibilities will include the creation, analysis, and delivery of Design Risk Assessments (DRA) for Body in White (BIW), Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures, Powertrain, and Battery Assembly Fixtures.
- You will be responsible for the Design Risk Assessment from Kick Off to Design Delivery and Successfully physical fixture handover.
- You will be required to support the continual development of the Department Lessons Learnt (Continual Improvement) and the continual development of Tooling and Design Standards.
- You will be required to demonstrate a wide knowledge of delivering Design risk assessments.
- Creation, analysis, and delivery of Design Risk Assessment (DRA) based on EN, ISO, BS Design Standards
- Good knowledge of EN, ISO and BS Design standards for T&F and BIW Assembly fixtures
- BIW, Trim & Final, Powertrain tooling design experience from 3D concept to 3D detailed and 2D Drawings design,
- Experience in creation of FMEA documentation,
- To Drive Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
Body In White
- BIW Assembly Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry)
- Design Risk Assessment based on EN and BS Design Standard for BIW
- Grippers (Geo and Non-Geo)
- Transfer System End Effectors, Put Downs, Take-Outs
Trim & Final
- T&F Assembly Jigs and Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry)
- Design Risk Assessment based on EN and BS Design Standard for T&F
- Hand Tools
- Lift Assistor End Effectors
- Carrier End Effectors
- Chassis Engine and Decking area Tooling / Hand Tools / End Effectors
- Robotic Cells Tooling - Tooling / Grippers / End Effectors
- Good knowledge and experience in creating Design Risk Assessment (DRA) based on EN, ISO and BS Design Standards
- Ability to understand safety requirements for BIW, T&F, Powertrain equipment based on EN, ISO and BS Standards
- FMEA and safety standards knowledge for mechanical, pneumatically, and electrical driven equipment
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues. Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed.
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to Design safety requirements in line with EN, ISO and BS standards
- CATIA V5 - 3D design and 2D drafting experience.
- Vendor Tool Design Experience
- Electrical Controls Engineer (E Plan)
- Experience of working on automotive Projects.
- Knowledge of automotive Tooling Standards
- Static and Dynamic Load Calculation Assessment / FEA Analysis Experience (within Catia environment)
- Dynamic Load Analysis skills (within Catia environment)
- Ergonomic assessments
- Tool Standards. Ability to create and update JLR Tool Standards