Test Engineer - Issue DiagnosisApply Now
Salary: £21.00 - 23.50 per hour
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 11 Aug 2021
Test Engineer – Issue Diagnosis
Location: MIRA (Nuneaton)
Contract type: Ongoing
Hourly Rate: up to £23.50 per hour
The role is working for a large Automotive OEM as Test Engineer (Issue Diagnosis) in the Test & Diagnosis Team, a centralised activity to define customer warranty problems in a way that resolving teams can understand and act upon quickly. The team operate a Diagnosis Centre comprising its own test track, workshop and office based in Nuneaton where they can replicate failures and test parts, working collaboratively with suppliers and engineers with access to other test facilities around the UK and globally as necessary.
Test Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspecting, testing and reporting on failed / fatigued components returned from Warranty.
- Processing test data, generating reports and presenting results to relevant personnel.
- Generate, update and execute test plans to diagnose components / system faults and to replicate the failure mode identified in warranty Evaluation of engineering drawings, specifications, test methods, DFMEA, Control Plan.
- Instrumenting and using data acquisition methods on whole vehicles and/or vehicle components.
- Verification of correct diagnostic tool operation and acceptance testing of the diagnostic tools.
- Lead / support project review meetings to ensure project / testing is completed on time.
- Utilise the Proving Ground for testing of vehicles
- Must be prepared to work from any of our sites across the West Midlands. Travel between plants and suppliers will be essential.
- Use metrology, materials labs and statistical methods to diagnose quality issues
- Conduct investigations into quality problems, including hypothesis testing, gathering and analysing data
- Ensure internal and external audit compliance to standards including TS16949 and ISO 14001
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proving Ground driving experience / qualification
- Proven experience working in an automotive Testing or Diagnostics role
- Strong analytical skills along with the ability to manage and interpret data and test / analysis results
- Experience of the application and delivery of measurement systems and equipment
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Diagram
- Generate and update test plans to diagnose components/ system faults and to replicate the failure mode identified in warranty.
- Execution of test plans: utilizing vehicles, diagnostic tool, modules and simulators being able to evaluate the results of the tests.
Skills & Experience Preferred:
- Maintain / support overall average Test Start to Test Complete (days).
- Maintain / support Test request Right First Time (percent)
- Maintain / support Test request Customer Satisfaction (survey)
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience of JLR Product Development & Launch processes.
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant technical field
We’re looking to speak with suitable Test Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team