Test Development EngineerApply Now
Salary: £35k - 40k per year
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 10 Dec 2020
Role: Test Development Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
Location: Leamington Spa
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings, and accessories.
- The role is running quality assurance tests on new product integration & for continual improvement of current products,
- This is a hands-on testing role of prototypes and production products.
- Feedback and analysis from the products tested are required to continually improve the design with the Product Development team.
- This role has a direct impact on the business achieving increased market share and return through cost effective and timely development of innovative products which comply with National and International Standards
- Capable of developing a broad range of gas, electrical or combined fuel domestic appliances
- Capable of setting up and monitoring tests, preparing models for submission to the appropriate test authority
- Develop in conjunction with the project team, the gas and electrical sub systems used within the appliance
- Interpret marketing briefs into tangible product that can be manufactured within the business capabilities
- Develop new products in line with best practice and National / International Standards, briefly EN30-1-1 International Gas Safety Standard and BS EN 60335 Appliance Safety Standards for Electrical and DF Appliances. Also working to USA and other Regionally different Standards
- Support & manage testing
- Writing and publishing detailed and comprehensive test reports internally and management of risk for the team
- Produce both technical presentations and applied samples as and when required in support of sales for customer demonstration and information
- Create and maintain internal design and test verification test methods in line with the latest approval standards
- Be accountable for accurate and timely release of testing data, including signoffs of quality control data as acceptable
- Maintain programmes throughout the NPI process
- Be adept at drawing on internal knowledge as well as industry and/or academic resources in reaching testing conclusions
- Periodically Benchmarking existing products against that of competitors
- Actively support test time reduction through Continuous Improvement principles
- Actively promote 5S principles within the test department
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Qualified to HND/HNC in a suitable engineering discipline, this can be electrical or mechanical, but the candidate should have a good appreciation of both disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on your own or part of a project team.
- Can analyse and compile testing data from the tests performed
- Proactive and pragmatic: find the most cost-effective solutions to yield the best test results
- Possess good analytical skills and be proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise their workload and meet deadlines.
- Ideally you will have skills in gas/ fuel technology together with the ability to understand electrical circuit diagrams and formulate new when required.