Technical Workshop SupervisorApply Now
Salary: £30k per year
Location: Rochester, Kent
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 11 Feb 2021
TECHNICAL WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR
A large and well-established company are seeking a Technical Workshop Supervisor to join their team in Rochester, Kent on a permanent basis.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, are currently looking for a mechanical Technical Workshop Supervisor to join the Workshop Team to deliver the full rectification of used vehicles back to manufacturer and company standards.
The successful Technical Workshop Supervisor will have experience within a mechanical workshop environment working with a range of makes and models of light vehicles with a strong understanding of mechanical repair functions as well as have confidence in all aspects of team management, leadership, quality and time management.
Working to tight deadlines the successful Technical Workshop Supervisor will demonstrate a professional manner at all times, be able to work as part of a management team and be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Applications including the ability to use in-house management systems.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We are therefore looking for likeminded individuals who will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To oversee a team of mechanical technicians, MOT testers, Pre-delivery inspectors and the like working across a shift rota.
- Ensure the workshop is functioning smoothly in line with customer demands and set timescales.
- Ensure company standards are maintained and quality is upkept at all times.
- Motivate and get the best from the workforce including carrying out regular appraisals and training.
- Act as first point of contact for delivery and quality issues.
- Operate within short deadlines.
- Ensure H&S is adhered to at all times and the correct PPE is worn by the team.
- Be flexible in your commitment to the needs of the business.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in a Management role within an automotive environment.
- Previous experience on working on multi-branded vehicles
- Good proven leadership skills in the development of high functioning teams
- Must be highly driven and possess a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent attention to detail
- Have a high standard work ethic and have a willingness to take responsibility
- Be computer literate
- Must have a good understanding of mechanical repair functions.
- Must have a genuine passion for innovation, improvement, and change
PAY RATE: £30,000 per annum - negotiable dependant on experience
WORKING HOURS: 48 hours per week – Monday to Friday: 7am – 5pm, must be flexible towards working hours as per business needs.