Technical Support EngineerApply Now
Salary: £20.30 - 22.30 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Oct 2021
Technical Support Engineer
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: Up to £22.30 per hour D.O.E.
The Feature Management Team are a part of the Product Information function and are responsible for the construction, release and maintenance of the JLR Master Feature Dictionary as well as the release of approved feature lists for all vehicle programmes in JLR. The Feature Management Team have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of which features are released and fitted to which vehicles and they control feature usage used to author product specification input documents. They provide coaching and support to Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing Sales and Service on how best to define and construct features within feature families to support the construction of vehicle specifications. The team enforce feature standardisation policies and define measures to control and restrict unnecessary feature complexity at both a dictionary and vehicle line level.
Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assess the validity of feature new code requests and deal with queries about how to code a particular commodity or which features to use, to establish/maintain cross-platform consistency, and reduce coding complexity.
- Transact up-dates authorised via the feature change management process in the feature management IT systems.
- Maintain metrics, including up-dating metrics Sharepoint site.
- Undertake data analysis tasks to assess the way features are consumed by vehicles/platforms and architectures to ensure codes are consumed consistently and that complexity is removed in line with commonality goals.
- Present weekly status updates, aligning priority of individual work with those of the wider business.
Technical Support Engineer Skills Required:
- Data Analysis
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Good business acumen and project management skills.
- Ability to robustly problem solve and develop effective solutions.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence people.
- Must enjoy relationship building and stakeholder management.
Technical Support Engineer Skills Preferred:
- Degree qualified.
- An ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building trust and confidence with stakeholders/customers.
- VBA code writing knowledge/advanced scripting/coding/Excel skills (complex macros/automation)
- Experience in Tableau / another visual analytics software platform.
- Be technically curious with a knowledge of the impact of ACES (Autonomous, Connected, Electric, Shared technologies) upon automotive technology development.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Technical Support Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team