Technical Support EngineerApply Now
Salary: £22k - 25k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 27 Nov 2020
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of Technical Support Engineer, for a client based within Warwick.
Role: Technical Support Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Key Job Role Duties:
- To provide efficient and courteous technical telephone support to help customers select the right product, to support their installation of the products and diagnosis and resolution of any faults.
- To provide internal colleagues with any technical support they need for quotations including the selection of equipment and solutions, the checking of quotes requiring technical approval and the resolution of return issues.
- To support customers with replacement product quotations and orders as they arise during technical support conversations in order to resolve their technical issues as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- To ensure any necessary recording of information about the enquiries is recorded promptly and accurately using the relevant admin systems so that information is available for resolving customer issues and for analysis and improvement of the general service we provide.
- To maintain up to date knowledge on products so that the above can be provided as expertly as possible.
- To contribute to the success and development of the Company by supporting and being involved in other projects and technical tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Either an engineering qualification equivalent at least to a BTEC Level 3 (A Level) to include electrical and mechanical knowledge with a minimum of 12 months hands on engineering experience in a customer support role such as repair or installation work.
- Or an individual who can demonstrate through their engineering work experience of at least 3 years that they have A level calibre intellect and can apply their experience to providing mechanical and electrical product support.
- Competent user of technology.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to develop rapport with customers over the phone and support customers under pressure
- Previous experience of work related to electrical door installation