Technical ConsultantApply Now
Salary: £40k - 50k per year
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 30 Sep 2021
Location: Coventry – Hybrid working.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- 25 days excl. bank holidays,
- Life Assurance (x4 of annual salary)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work.
- Perk box discount shopping app.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Permanent Health Insurance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join an industry-leading Independent Software Vendor and play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector; specifically consulting with and providing technical services to new and existing customers for our core product suite.
As an experienced Technical Consultant, you will have a background in software engineering and won’t mind getting involved in hands-on development from time to time. You will work closely with the sales team, programme managers, scrum masters, technical team leads and developers, as well as liaising directly with our customers and prospects. Post Pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas from time to time.
To apply for this role, in addition to having proven commercial experience in Java software development, you will have experience of engaging directly with customers, discussing requirements and the product roadmap at a technical level as well as giving demos and presentations.
Technical Consultant Role:
- Deliver chargeable Technical Services to new and existing customers for our core products
- Liaise with/support technical leads and dev teams with implementation of customer requirements and roadmap items
- Build technical relationships with prospects and existing customers.
- Support the Sales Team with customer-facing technical pre-sales assistance
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations, and provide support at customer facing events
- Take a leading role in specifying technical solutions and shaping the product roadmap
Technical Consultant Key Skills Required:
- Ideally degree qualified in Computer Science or demonstrable experience,
- Should be from a software engineering background with strong Java SE skills.
- Understanding of modern Java web applications.
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels.
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Experience in the automotive sector would be a distinct advantage.