Technical Author / TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £15 - 18 per hour
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 23 Nov 2017
Our client is a well-established International Product Development business that combine technology, usability and design solutions for a wide range of prestigious clients across the world. This includes Design Management, Digital Distribution, Innovation Labs and Delivery models just to name a few. You would be part of an experienced automotive team pushing the boundaries and striving for excellence to deliver quality results for their clients.
The purpose of Technical Information Author/Engineer is to act as a single point of contact in the development of Technical Service Bulletin’s, covering complete and specific elements. Producing Bulletins from the engineering input stage through to the delivery, your role will include creating and developing technical manuals to guide and assist Engineers to produce a finished product from design/prototype stage through to the delivery of a physical product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Approval or rejection of the engineering input document to support the development of the Technical Service Bulletin.
- Development of the most efficient and effective service repair procedure in line with engineering input and requirements
- Development of the service repair procedure using CAD data or physical vehicle.
- Development of illustrations to support the service repair procedure using either CAD or other engineering input.
- Develop the most efficient and effective warranty labour time based off of the service repair procedure using the appropriate systems
- Carry out service repair procedures physical validation on the vehicle to verify and confirm that it is correct.
- Carry our peer to peer reviews for quality, consistency for the Technical Services Bulletin's that are created within the team.
- Lead, review and release weekly status report showing an accurate status of each Technical Services Bulletin in development and the overall project status.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED;
- Expert in client systems (Odyssey desirable)
- Experience in Project Feasibility or ATD
- Exposure to CAD design systems desirable (further training will be provided)
- Expert in 3D visualisation software (VisMockUp desirable)
- Proficient in Microsoft proprietary software’s such as Project Word, Excel, Access and case management tools such as JIRA
- Expert in Technical Author Services (TAS) and terminology standards proven to accurately guide engineers
- Proven ability, and/or formal qualifications in Technical Communication principles, tools, methodologies and standards
- Good communications skills - excellent written English and highly numerate.
- Expert knowledge and experience with issue identification, investigation and resolution
- HNC/HND in Automotive or business-related experience (desirable)
- Automotive industry technical experience ideally with a Main dealer network as a Master, Service or Diagnostic technician
Salary: £15-£18 Dependant on Experience
Hours: 8am – 5pm – 40 hours a week