Supplier Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £35 - 40 per hour
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 06 Jun 2022
Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £35 - £40 per hour
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join our client on an ongoing contract in Milton Keynes.
Our client is a leading business within the Engineering industry both in the UK and Internationally. Manufacturing highly engineered components and systems for a wide variety of global markets, their products can be found in and around anything that moves.
The successful candidate will be responsible for PFSE overall supplier quality and their compliance with Parker requirements and coordinate PFSE cross-functional teams with suppliers which will allow us to better serve our customers and help improve productivity and profitability.
Supplier Quality Engineer Duties:
- Advocate and supports the Corporate WIN Strategy by managing the quality of our suppliers.
- Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality standards for suppliers.
- Provide statistical information for quality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis.
- Guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
- Represent company by interfacing with suppliers, assisting with internal and external audits.
- Analyze proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Apply continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing / production principles and techniques to critical areas.
- Ensure compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and survey.
- Implement and drive strategic programs to improve supplier performance.
- Carry out supplier audits, support with supplier approvals and manage close out of actions
- Make quality-related visits and contacts as required
- Some foreign travel will be required
The Ideal Supplier Quality Engineer:
- University degree combined with relevant work experience (mechanical engineering / quality / lean or similar).
- Customer orientation and excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and motivation.
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of quality processes (PDCA, 8D).
- Fluent English
- Full UK Driving License
- UK or EU passport
We’re looking to speak with suitable Supplier Quality Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team