Supplier Quality Engineer / SQA EngineerApply Now
Salary: £45k - 50k per year + Benefits
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Apr 2022
Reference: 5327 - R
Supplier Quality Engineer / SQA Engineer required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on a permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £45,000 per annum plus benefits (negotiable dependant on experience).
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer/ SQA Engineer to join the Supply Chain and Logistics Team to coordinate suppliers and verify quality standards on-site in Daventry. You will be delivering quality planning for new and existing automotive products including transposing requirements from data through to suppliers manufacturing processes. A strong focus on building supplier relationships as well as reporting and validation will be required and you will be responsible for supporting and developing product quality and resolving non-conformances alongside preventative measures. This position will be focussed on Plastics, Metallics and Wiring Harness products.
In return, the successful Supplier Quality Engineer/ SQA Engineer will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility. Benefitting from a permanent opportunity the successful Supplier Quality Engineer will receive a salary in the region of £45,000 per annum (negotiable on experience) as well as a range of employee benefits whilst working a Day Shift Monday to Friday.
The duties and responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer / SQA Engineer:
- Transposing requirements from data through to suppliers manufacturing processes
- Understanding the process capability from the assessors into the manufacturing processes and design
- Building in quality assurance using specific methods and deliverables
- Supporting and developing product quality on non-conformances for prevention through effective 8D reporting/validation
- Supporting procurement team on technical product issues
- Foster excellent relationships with stakeholders to maximise performance levels
- Supporting quality standard deployment and control planning
- Regularly attend meetings covering quality topics such as critical design review and process design review to provide quality input to said reviews
- Executing reporting on a regular basis to support business activities
- Support development of supply chain and quality methods, tools and processes
- Support in supplier performance
The ideal Supplier Quality Engineer / SQA Engineer:
- Must be able to demonstrate quality automotive, procurement and project management experience
- Demonstrate supplier relationship management skills with the ability to manage/lead processes surveillances e.g. LAI, DFMEA, KC, control planning and FAI
- Experience across Plastics, Metallic and Wiring Harness Products
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, MRP / ERP systems such as SAP or PAC – desirable not essential
- Must have great attention to detail
- Energetic, proactive, calm under pressure, personable and mature personality
- Strong team-worker – ability to thrive in a small, closely-knit team
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 17.00pm
Pay: In the region of £45,000 per annum + Benefits
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.