Supplier Quality Assurance EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2022
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer required to join an automotive consultancy business, working with a specialist supercar manufacturer, based in Woking. This is a permanent opportunity to support new and existing vehicle models.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Responsible for Purchased New Part Product Quality & Capacity for a specific area of the vehicle.
- Drive the assigned Suppliers to ensure components achieve/exceed the required quality level specified.
- Provide Concern investigation (8D) and resolution for Series production.
- Conduct New Product introduction & Process verification audits
- Drive the development of supplier processes at supplier locations.
- Support production preparation using the Supplier Capacity Verification process to ensure smooth production ramp-up and maintain stability in series production.
- Manage and control up front quality planning within the supply base through effective APQP deployment and monitoring.
- Manage and Control on time approval of production parts and processes (PPAP) for components.
- Implement and manage part and process improvement activities.
- Development and achievement of KPIs
- Provide Project status and Management reports as required.
- Track Supplier on time delivery of TS16949 achievement plans.
- Create and Maintain Personal development and training plans.
The ideal Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Experience of Automotive Quality/Manufacturing in OEM or tier one, including some new model and series experience in a QA related position
- Understand and have experience approving parts using PPAP
- Understands TS16949 requirements.
- Experienced in project management reporting within an APQP or similar framework
- Experience of building close working relationships internally and with suppliers
- Experience of using problem solving techniques in a production environment (eg 8D, 5 Why)
- Understanding of lean techniques to support problem solving.
- IT literate (competent user of MS products e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Previous Catia V5 experience and working knowledge of GD&T
- Supervisory experience would also be an advantage
To show your interest in this Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.