Supplier Quality (SQA) EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 May 2022
Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer
Location: Woking, hybrid working (3-days per week in the office)
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
As a Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer you will be part of the BIW & Composites team within the SQA function reporting directly to SQA Manager and Head of, so experience in body panel manufacture and quality management is essential. This includes but is not limited to, hot and cold forming processes, casting, and assembly methods typical with aluminium body panels. Experience in composite parts and panel manufacture, including SMC, RTM and pre-preg processes in carbon fibre and other lightweight composite materials would be a massive benefit.
In addition to this, and due to the sensitivity of achieving class leading quality levels, both from a F&F and aesthetic perspective, you must be proficient in GD&T and measurement, including the ability to interpret datum strategies on large complex assemblies.
Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer:
- Provide supplier progress reporting to Purchasing and SQA Program team for: APQP open issues, PPAP part pedigree prior to each build phase and PPAP delivery forecast / actual confirmation.
- Track and manage PPAP part approval to agreed delivery plan.
- Manage Non PPAP part Concession process to ensure “Plan for every part” is established to support the builds.
- Deliver Quality & Capacity Verification in line with MDP targets.
- Drive Major open issue resolution at Key suppliers, to ensure Supplier Senior Management team are fully engaged in the resolution process.
- Develop improvement strategies with suppliers and ensure they are delivered
- Understanding of complete supply chain and the suppliers
- Understand the Manufacturing process within MPC
- Ability to interrogate Programme plans and evaluate supplier’s ability to deliver, quality on time to meet company milestones.
- Must be capable of planning manufacture of their components at the supplier from goods in, to despatch, if required.
- Capable of carrying out effective scenario planning to establish potential mitigation actions, if required.
Purpose of the Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer role:
- This is a role which requires you to work closely with the Suppliers, to ensure their Management Team are fully supporting all Quality and Capacity requirements.
- Provide leadership for assigned Suppliers to deliver the quality, capacity, and timing requirements.
- Establish and maintain control of the supply base part Quality and part availability in support of the business objectives.
- Develop strategic Supply base improvement initiatives, that underpin the continuous improvement ethos.
Principal accountabilities of the Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer:
- Work with Cross Functional partners to drive collaborative behaviours to achieve optimum outcome for profitability.
- Ensure new supplier site sourcing is well researched to build and maintain a competent supply base.
- Support Supplier selection & development processes to achieve a self-sufficient supply base IATF 16949. Ensure Non IATF16949 suppliers deliver their certification qualification to the approved nomination plan.
- Support the implementation of APQP for all new tooled parts.
- Support Robust Manufacturing Feasibility strategy deployment and reviews.
- Ensure that allocated suppliers meet launch / delivery commitments in line with APQP
- Drive Supplier / Part Risk Assessments and develop risk mitigation actions.
- Identify Critical suppliers / parts that require full cross functional team engagement with the supplier.
The Ideal Supplier Quality (SQA) Engineer:
- Technical Engineering qualified to Degree standard, or equivalent experience.
- Must have previous experience in supplier quality assurance, including multiple new model launches.
- Experience of leading suppliers through APQP
- Have an excellent understanding of: PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA, SPC,
- Demonstrated structured approach to Problem Solving (8D)
- Practical use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and CATIA Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Flexibility in terms work patterns and travel, including short notice travel
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.