Sub Frame Design EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 22 Jun 2021
Sub Frame Design Engineer required on a full time, contract basis in Kenilworth, benefitting from an hourly rate of £28.00 – £30.00 per hour depending on previous experience. (Inside IR35)
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Sub Frame Design Engineer to join their team. This role is offered on a contract basis with the potential for further contract extensions for the right candidate.
- Engineering Design - Proven design experience with passenger vehicle subframes, in aluminium casting & welding, from concept through to production.
- Project management - Ability to deliver demanding project timelines, accountable for all aspects of the technical / project delivery & leading the internal matrix team / supply base,
- Knowledge of automotive OEM working practices & processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven problem-solving skills and have experience in 3D component design and analysis including aluminium and steel structural components.
- Experience in mechanical design of safety critical structural components.
- Demonstrate effective team management and strong project management skills with experience of managing the delivery of multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- In house design capability - must have proven aluminium casting design experience, core design know-how and casting DFM capability.
- Working knowledge of CAE tools used for FEA stress analysis, CAD authoring and PLM software’s.
- Ability to produce detailed engineering drawings of complex assemblies, including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Good presentation and communication skills.