Structural EngineerApply Now
Salary: £29.50 - 30.50 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 18 Dec 2020
Role: Structural Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £29.50-£30.50 per hour
- The role of Structural Engineer will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, globally, across the clients manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects.
- Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the Structural Engineer will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of Structural engineering projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
Qualifications, Skills required:
- Knowledge and practical experience of National Building Specification (NBS) software.
- Experience and working knowledge of CAD.
- Practical experience up to Level 2 BIM
- MIStructE or equivalent professional qualification.
- 10 years' UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
- Significant construction industry experience of leading structural engineering on new-build, refurbishment, and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
- Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
- 10 years’ experience of working on large UK projects, preferably in the core sectors to the business of Manufacturing, Logistics and Commercial.
- Significant experience leading construction projects in the role of Structural Engineer.
- Significant engineering and manufacturing background with previous experience in Facilities Development in Engineering.
- Proven experience and an understanding of facilities processes, equipment, and leading technologies.
- Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies. Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
- Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
- Significant contract and performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment Proven Project Management Experience
- Flexibility to be able to operate across all client locations, which on some occasions may result in significant time (several weeks) overseas or away from home.