Stores PersonApply Now
Salary: £20k - 25k per year
Location: Alcester, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 20 Jul 2022
Reference: 5577 - AW
Engineering Stores Person
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus benefits
As the Engineering Stores person, you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of high standards in the stores-accounting area.
Working directly for the Production Engineering Manager, you will be highly motivated and use your initiative to make good decisions in the setup and organisation of both materials and data, to ensure we always have the right resources, in the right place, at the right time.
Using your IT skills, you will be able to maintain accurate records, forecast scheduled checks and provide positive input to the improvement of the management system.
Duties of the Engineering Stores Person:
The role is split into three key areas of delivery that must be managed as an overall workload and reported clearly and effectively to the Production Engineering Manager:
- Managing project stock locations and project stock levels.
- Management of tool stores including stock levels for consumable items.
- Ensure full traceability for all raw materials in stock.
- Support to purchasing team including ordering of materials, parts and services.
- Kitting production parts for assembly.
- Receiving and booking in goods.
- Packing & Dispatch.
- Stock Taking.
- Local delivery and pickup of stores and materials.
- Open and lockup of workshop building, as required.
- Conduct daily and weekly site maintenance activities.
- Maintain and check records for company vehicles.
Experience for the Engineering Stores Person:
- Needs to have real world engineering in their DNA – needs to be passionate about engineering and have demonstrable practical personal experience
- Previous stores experience being able to demonstrate appropriate practical organisational skills.
- Operate dynamically with initiative within a small team.
- Basic engineering experience, ability to recognise the difference between different production components and other items, consumables, PPE etc.
- Good degree of computer literacy and fluence. Must be able to create forms, reports, templates using MS Word & MS Excel.
- Driving licence.
- Prepare to travel domestically as/when required.
- Forklift truck licence.
- Lifting equipment experience.
- 1st Aider or willing to undertake training.
- Lean Manufacturing or 5S experience.
- Experience of work in ISO9001 controlled organisations.
- Formal training or 3+ years’ experience in a Health and Safety support role.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
To show your interest in the Engineering Stores Person role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.