Specialist Engineer - Apex MAApply Now
Salary: £25.44 - 25.44 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Nov 2017
- The forward model architecture team delivers future proving technologies through component and system concepts that are compatible with the program requirements and the Commodity/System Strategies.
- Responsible for the design and development feasible Dampers, Springs and damper modules concepts before handing over to the program delivery teams.
- Engineer is responsible for achieving performance targets compatible packaging solutions for their components to facilitate meeting dynamic and durability requirements.
- Close interaction is required across all suspension teams, other chassis functions, other business functions like Body or Powertrain and suppliers in order to achieve this. Key Responsibilities
- Ownership of creating concepts components/systems. - Design of components to meet or exceed performance targets
- Design of components that adhere to departmental standards
- Effective planning and delivery of overall layout, detail design, durability and validation - Derivation of Engineering Specifications, DFMEA, Delivery Timing Plans and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Create and maintain representative CAD. - Supplier management, discussions and communications to achieve the business goals.
- Resolution of engineering issues throughout process (AIMS). Use of problem definition and 6 sigma.
- Chassis Suspension Experience
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
- Demonstrated competence at engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role. Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Automotive.
- CAD experience.
- Failure Mode Avoidance Experience
- Demonstrable problem solving, 6 sigma, skills and experience.