Specialist Brakes Engineer - Apex MAApply Now
Salary: £25.54 - 25.54 per hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 10 Jan 2018
- The Brakes Engineering Attribute Subject Matter Expert is a crucial role to enable the client to develop appropriate customer-level targets for braking performance in a time of rapid technological change.
- This Subject matter expert will work closely with the Technical Specialists within Brakes Engineering to develop 'futured' targets and the associated validation processes.
- A background in vehicle braking systems is essential in this role.
- The ability to benchmark competitors and understand market trends to create standards for new vehicle programmes.
- The ability to support the Brakes Engineering Technical Specialists in developing optimised physical test methods
- The ability to identify gaps in knowledge and existing standards and use these drive client research programmes
- Knowledge of brake systems and interfaces and delivering customer attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability both to secure support of seniors and to motivate and enrol the engineering teams
- Vehicle evaluation ability
- Knowledge and use of Problem solving tools (e.g. Six sigma, 8D, DMAIC)
- A working knowledge of client systems e.g. PCS, eFDVS, RMDV, AIMs