Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £18 - 20 per hour + Overtime
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 06 Oct 2021
Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician required to join a British Automotive Manufacturer based in Woking paying a rate of £18 - £20 per hour.
Our client is a British Automotive Manufacturer with an unrivalled heritage spanning over 35 years. They are now creating a new future to develop their brand and continue to grow within a performance road car marketplace. Their aim; to pioneer new technologies, push the boundaries of innovation and excellence and break industry norms to ultimately create breath-taking vehicles with astounding performance for use on your everyday roads.
They are looking for a team of Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician’s to join their existing team within the final area of vehicle finishing. The successful Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician will be responsible for a range of SMART repairs on newly manufactured vehicles bodywork as well as full vehicle inspection and rectifications where required including changing components. In return the successful Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician will benefit from a pay rate of £18 - £20 per hour (Umbrella PAYE), working a 45 hour per week contract on an ongoing basis.
The ideal Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician will be quality focussed with proven experience within a Smart Repair and Finishing / Inspection position working on high-value vehicles.
Duties and responsibilities of the Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician:
- Practical application of paint systems
- Paint mixing to ensure perfect colour match is achieved
- SMART repair, Small to Medium Area Repair, local ‘blow-in’ using an air brush/Mini Jet
- Minor dent repair and dent removal without the need to paint, using ‘cold metal’ repair method (paintless dent removal / PDR)
- Can carry out full vehicle stage polish process
- Can carry out a full De-hologram process
- Must be able to carry out a full vehicle detail to the highest of standards
- Can remove and refit vehicle components ensuring the correct body specifications are achieved
- Full leather repair, fill, sand, texture match and repaint.
- Basic diagnostic repair, electrical fault finding
- Use all products economically to minimise waste and costs
- Accurately record all work carried out within the vehicle passports
The ideal Smart Repair / End of Line Rectification Technician:
- Proven experience working within an Automotive Manufacturer or a SMART repair discipline
- Previous Automotive Paint Spraying experience is highly desirable
- Quality focused with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to follow processes set in place and decide the best course of repair
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and achieve set timescales
Working hours: 45 hours per week + overtime every other Saturday.
Earlies: 5.30am – 14.45pm / Lates: 15.00pm – 23.45pm
Pay Rates: Umbrella PAYE
Earlies: £18.00 per hour / Lates: £20.00 per hour
Saturday Overtime: £24.00 per hour
Please note these positions have been deemed as Inside of IR35. Pay rates shown are based on Umbrella PAYE payroll practices.