Salary: £25k - 27k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Jul 2018
This company can be found on and around everything that moves. They manufacture highly engineered components and systems that facilitate motion and the controlled flow of liquids and gasses for a wide variety of global markets. Their technological expertise creates a more sustainable future for us all.
The Skilled Tester will carry out the testing and support production on all the products engineered and supplied from our Warwick Location. This would include working on all our system projects, transmission products, legacy pump and actuator products and all new projects introduced.
- Ensure testing is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Testing of all products supplied from our Warwick site.
- Ensure test equipment and rigs are maintained in good order.
- Support the 5S activities in their area of work.
- Fault finding and rectification fitting work as required.
- Support production fitting work as required.
- Failure investigation and repairs as required.
- Undertake development testing under the guidance of the engineering team.
- Support off-site testing activities when required.
- Produce test reports and documentation as required.
- Support the continuous improvement and HPT activities in the business.
- Carry out cross training of manufacturing staff to support flexibility of employees.
- Comply with the requirements of our Quality Management System and Health and Safety Legislation
- Liaise with other departments as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering Apprenticeship or NVQ equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a test environment.
- Proven understand of safety at work, risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience and knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Good fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work to high quality standards.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office and be able to produce test documentation.
- Ability to understand technical requirements.
- Ability to produce test documentation.
- Have a positive, pro-active attitude.
- Willingness to undertake Lean and HPT training.
- Full driving licence and be prepared to travel in the UK and overseas