Site Supplier Quality EngineerApply Now
Salary: £50k per year
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 21 May 2018
Developing cars for a different tomorrow - our client has an innovation centre for future cars with the purpose of being at the forefront of new developments in the automotive industry.
The whole industry is now undergoing a transformation with new ways of thinking about the car as a product. Our client is a fast growing, fast moving and exciting company where no day is like the other - where the challenges of tomorrow is on our working table today.
Our client currently consists of some 2000 people with offices in Gothenburg and Trollhättan in Sweden.
What you will be doing:
- In this role you will be part of a diverse and experienced team characterized by people that take responsibility and initiatives to solve issues that arise.
- The team is international, and you will be working in a flexible, rapidly developing and cross-cultural environment (China/Europe/US), in an open climate with helpful colleagues around you in the SQE Europe team.
- Activities included in the SSQE's role requires frequent travel to suppliers' sites. The extent of this travel depends upon various conditions, including the suppliers' segmentation, specific type of activities, urgent situations, and distance to supplier(s).
- The SSQE activities are focused on product and process performance at external suppliers, supporting both new programs and running production, to enable SQE mission: "Secure that the supply base can produce and deliver parts within specification to the required volume in time, every time". The role interacts closely with R&D, the Program SQE, Resident SQE and Purchasing organization within our client Group.
- You will assess potential suppliers according to Manufacturing Site Assessment and in other ways drive supplier performance and sourcing for quality.
- You will drive the quality assurance process with suppliers through APQP process and if applicable drive the Supplier Engagement process. You will be responsible to sign off the PPAP to allow supplier to ship parts to our production plants at the end of the project.
- In running production, you will work with problems in our manufacturing plants caused by suppliers through the 8D process.
- An MSc or BSc. in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Excellent skills in Quality Assurance Processes (APQP, PPAP, FMEA).
- Good skills in supplier audit methods e.g. MSA, SEM, VDA 6.3
- Good analytical and continuous improvement skills (8D, Six Sigma / Lean).
- Excellent knowledge in the manufacturing processes assigned the role.
- Good communicator with Project Management skills.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Knowledge in Chinese language is an advantage.
- At least 3-8 years' experience in Automotive or heavy vehicle industry and have experience from working cross-functionally.
We are also looking for Site Supplier Quality Engineers within the following areas:
- Body In White
What you can expect from our client:
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job in a fast growing and developing company. They are a diverse and dynamic team, appreciating the competence and experience all their employees bring to table.
They will offer you an innovative atmosphere and culture of team spirit where sharing knowledge and finding new ways to tackle our challenges together is key. If you have an open mindset to new ways of working, and want to be part of a global and agile team, you might be their next colleague.
For more information, or to discuss the role in more details, please contact Annie on 01926 424 154 or by email email@example.com
You can also read a bit more about life in Sweden here.