Site SQE ManagerApply Now
Salary: £50k per year
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 21 May 2018
Developing cars for a different tomorrow - our client has an innovation centre for future cars with the purpose of being at the forefront of new developments in the automotive industry.
The whole industry is now undergoing a transformation with new ways of thinking about the car as a product. Our client is a fast growing, fast moving and exciting company where no day is like the other - where the challenges of tomorrow is on our working table today.
Our client currently consists of some 2000 people with offices in Gothenburg and Trollhättan in Sweden.
What you will be doing:
- The Site SQE Team leads the assigned supplier site deliverables in the company brand portfolio, from all aspects and act as the interface between the supplier, R&D organization, the production plant and the Program SQE within our client.
- The Site SQE team enable work to fulfil the SQE mission: "Secure that the supply base can produce and deliver parts within specification to the required volume in time, every time".
- You will be part of and develop a new organization within the Supplier Quality Engineering department and manage the company resources effectively and set the future business direction for the Site SQE work.
- In this role you will be part of a diverse and experienced team characterized by people that take responsibility and initiatives to solve issues that arise. The team is international, and you will be working in a flexible, rapidly developing and cross-cultural environment (China/Europe/US), in an open climate with helpful colleagues around you in the SQE Europe team.
- In this role you will organize and lead and develop the regional Site SQE team assigned commodities for our European and US suppliers. You will also set goals for site quality, both for new programs as well as for running production to enable an overall timely product and process performance at suppliers.
- As the Site SQE Manager your position also includes ensuring the alignment to company compliance standards, terms and instructions as well as legal frameworks and agreements.
- You should be a strong leader with extensive communicative skills used to manage people and business together.
- Lead and develop the Site SQE team, performance as well as budget responsibility.
- Quality Assurance in a timely APQP/PPAP implementation.
- Supplier readiness in PPAP.
- Adhere company processes procedures and keep data record updated.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A BSc. in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Good analytical and continuous improvement skills (Six Sigma / Lean).
- Good and documented leadership as well as good project management skills.
- Good skills in Quality processes (APQP and PPAP).
- Good knowledge in the manufacturing processes assigned the role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Chinese speaking is an advantage
What you can expect from our client:
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job in a fast growing and developing company. They are a diverse and dynamic team, appreciating the competence and experience all their employees bring to table.
They will offer you an innovative atmosphere and culture of team spirit where sharing knowledge and finding new ways to tackle our challenges together is key.
If you have an open mindset to new ways of working, and want to be part of a global and agile team, you might be their next colleague.
For more information, or to discuss the role in more details, please contact Annie on 01926 424 154 or by email email@example.com
You can also read a bit more about life in Sweden here.