Site Reliability EngineerApply Now
Salary: £30 - 32 per hour
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 Jul 2021
Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Hourly Rate: £32.00 per hour
The role is working for a large Automotive OEM as a Site Reliability Engineer, based out of their facility in Manchester.
- Expertise in Kubernetes and Containerisation. This must include the use of managed services such as GKE, EKS or AKS.
- Any experience with Service Mesh such as Istio desirable.
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (IaC) and from a CI/CD perspective.
- Tools such as Terraform, Ansible and/or CloudFormation.
- Managed IaC through pipeline tools such Gitlab, Jenkins or GoCD.
- Deploying observability platforms such as DataDog, Elasticsearch or an open-source equivalent such as Grafana and Prometheus.
- Development and enhancement of platform infrastructure,
- Development and enhancement of CI/CD pipelines Development and enhancement of platform security and security practices
- Maintaining and/or improving cloud compute costs
- Work with product teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable
- Driving initiatives to automate processes and reduce toil
- Review deployment and operational environments, troubleshoot issues and managing technical operations
- Monitoring and dash-boarding for application observability
- Strong advocate for DevOps practices with experience building CI/CD pipelines