Show Car TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £25.99 - 25.99 per hour
Location: Honiley, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 19 Jul 2018
Experienced Body and Trim Technicians required in Fen End offering a salary of £25.99 per hour.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of experienced body and trim technicians to join their team working on Show Cars. These roles are offered on a rolling contract basis with ongoing, long term and even permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled body/trim & show car technicians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at International motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strip and rebuild vehicle interior trim and hardware to achieve world class fit and finish standards.
- Develop and install anti squeak and rattle packages together with wind noise or body openness solutions
- Strip and rebuild exterior body panels and trim to include panel profiles to the highest standard.
- Remove and fit bonded glass to include windscreen and panoramic roof glass to achieve the highest fit and finish standards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy) and preferably Level 3.
- Minimum age of 28 years (for insurance purposes)
- Ability to work under pressure and to achieve tight deadlines.
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENSE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours as per business needs.
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm
£22.27 per hour
£25.99 per hour
£25.61 per hour
(Upto 2 hrs overtime in the week)
£28.82 per hour
(Over 2 hrs overtime in the week and Saturdays)
£38.43 per hour
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee