Shipping / Export CoordinatorApply Now
Salary: £21.40 - 21.40 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 27 Jun 2022
Shipping / Export Coordinator
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: £21.40 per hour umbrella PAYE
This is exciting opportunity for an experienced Shipping / Export Coordinator to join the purchasing division of our automotive OEM client at their site in Solihull.
This is a full-time on-going contract position that offers the opportunity to do hybrid working
We are looking for a Shipping / Export Coordinator who has experience in Freight Operations, a Freight planning skillset and has worked in a fast-paced transport or logistics environment.
Shipping / Export Coordinator Duties:
- Ensure a robust freight collection plan exists for all material supplied. This should include outbound planning for pallet returns where appropriate
- Ensure all transit parameters are maintained within client systems
- Support and manage all vendor relocations/changes, reviewing operational and commercial impacts and ensuring transition impacts are minimal.
- Support new model and model year introductions ensuring development of optimised inbound freight plans.
- Assist in the design, implementing and managing of re-plans in the freight network to support monthly Operations Strategy build variances.
- Ensure optimised 'best cost' solution is delivered.
- Perform physical audits of vehicles to measure timeslot adherence, utilisation, packaging and labelling etc.
- Support customs related continuous improvement by working with suppliers
- Work on strategic initiatives within inbound freight to deliver a cost saving, efficiency improvement or an improved process
- Ongoing support for Brexit process development, continuous improvement, input to steering reviews and overall co-ordination
- Development of vendors regarding application of Shipment Reference Number process to enable vehicle tracking Line by line shipment delay co-ordination
- Daily feedback into freight provider for missing supplier paperwork, chasing vendors for missing supplier paperwork
Shipping / Export Coordinator Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar Shipping / Export/ Freight / Logistics Coordinator position
- Data analysis and interrogation skillset
- Strong excel skills - comfortable working with data and can show trends, root causes through data and can also visualise data for management and decision making
- Excellent communication skills - ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders across the supply chain and at varying levels in an organisation
- Results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- Experience working within the automotive industry would be ideal but not essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced transport or logistics environment.
- SAP experience would be ideal
We’re looking to speak with suitable Shipping / Export Coordinator candidates as soon as possible. Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss the Shipping / Export Coordinator position with a member of our team