Service TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £20k - 22k per year + Benefits
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Jul 2018
Service Technician required for an industry leading automotive fleet management company benefitting from a salary in the region of £20,000 - £22,000 per annum.
Our client provides class leading vehicle technical services to 18 of the UK's leading car manufacturers. Warranty approved by many of the OEM’s, they prepare and repair over 50,000 cars a year through their facilities at Chipping Warden.
Due to their business expanding, they are looking to recruit a Service Technician to work in their Flow Workshop, maintaining vehicles to specific manufacturer guidelines. This role is suitable for a Qualified or Semi-skilled Technician.
You will work alongside a group of skilled technicians carrying out repairs, servicing, PDI’s and tyre replacements. You will also be involved in interpreting technical service information and data from manuals and bulletins.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out vehicle health checks as part of a flow line
- Required to carry out Services, PDI’s, PDC’s and minor mechanical repairs to a variety of vehicles
- Managing own paperwork, including a daily worksheet and individual Brand specific tick sheets
- Managing own workload, ensuring completed efficiently and in keeping with the high standards and demands of their clients
- Detect any vehicle defects and/or symptoms of impending failure and report to the Damage Administrator
- To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and / or computer files and data and implement
- Ensure that all Company equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition at all times and to report any shortage or damage/faulty equipment to the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Assist in helping work on other clients’ or manufacturers’ vehicles where necessary, according to the needs of the business
- Flexible working hours to cover shifts during holiday periods
- Carrying out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
- To abide the sites H&S processes and to keep the workshop areas clean
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Relevant experience in a workshop environment is essential
- City & Guilds 1,2, & 3 in Motor Vehicle Studies or Higher BTEC is essential
- Able to read, comprehend, interpret and apply technical instructions
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Has a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to achieve high standards
- Proactive, positive and flexible attitude to work
- Able to work with others and a team player
- Full UK Driving Licence
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm