Service EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 30 Apr 2019
Reference: 4324 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for an EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) Service Engineer for a global manufacturer of EDM machines. This role is a field-based role covering the UK & Ireland.
Role: Field Service Engineer
Location: This is a field-based role, covering the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Benefits: Private Health Insurance, Company Car, Mobile, Pension, 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
Working for a global manufacturer and distributor of EDM machines, this role is for an electrically biased Field Service Engineer, covering the UK and Ireland. You will be providing technical support at client site as well as over the phone. This role would be great for someone who enjoys working on market leading technology and has a passion for providing fantastic levels of service to their clients.
- Complete installations and technical services on client sites,
- Provide training on the machinery to the end user as well as more junior technicians in your team,
- Extensive travel to client premises required;
- Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults;
- Examine and advise customer regarding EDM equipment malfunction and service issues;
- Communicate with customer and internal management regarding technical analysis;
- Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for audits;
- Technical telephone support to the customer involving first line application problems;
- Repair or modify P.C. boards / carry out software updates;
- Preparing specifications for materials to be used for technical support.
- Evaluate application problems that can occur on-site where necessary;
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in operating and fault finding on EDM machinery is essential;
- You will ideally be degree qualified in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or hold relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC;
- Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting;
- Excellent customer service skills, including liaising with customers daily;
- Be a team player and have a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required;
- Ability to produce technical reports.
- Able to diagnose issues on EDM machines;
- Must be willing to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation;
For more information please call Stephen on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@apex-recruitment.co.uk
Remember! We have an attractive referral scheme for all successful referrals.