Senior Transmission Calibration EngineerApply Now
Salary: £43.9k - 57.1k per year
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 02 Dec 2021
Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer
Location: Idiada, (Barcelona) - Spain
Salary: €50,000 - €65,000 per annum
Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer required to join a well-established company based in Idiada - Spain on a permanent basis.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer will be responsible for the development of gearbox driveability calibration for specific applications within our clients portfolio of vehicles.
The successful Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer will benefit from a permanent opportunity based at Idiada, Barcelona working a day shift.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer:
- Responsible for the development of gearbox driveability calibration for a specific application
- Lead the gearbox software development for driveability functions and the hydraulic pressure controls
- Imagine the future driveability features and develop them from to scratch to production
- Improve the architecture interface between engine and gearbox
- Support other department areas within the Electronic and Control department (SW validation Emission OBD)
- Work in close collaboration with the Powertrain and Vehicle departments
- Attend over-seas test trips to perform all calibration and validation activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer:
- Strong passion for automotive design and development
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Electronics Physics Engineering or an equivalent education
- Extensive industry experience related to Dual Clutch Transmissions (at least 5 years)
- Good level comprehension of control strategies for internal combustion engine transmission electric motor or any hydraulic systems
- Extensive knowledge and competences in terms of calibration activities and processes
- Good level of knowledge of the Etas Vector MathWorks software like Inca Canape, MATLAB, or Simulink
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills as well as a high affinity for tracking supplier and delivering first-quality products to the customer
- Strong communication skills with high fluency in English both written and verbal
The Ideal Senior Transmission Calibration Engineer:
- The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong passion for every aspect that relate to software calibration and development
- Must be a team player and can work closely with project and lead engineers as well as with suppliers
- Flexibility and adaptability are key to become a leading member of our team
- Flexible attitude towards working time and schedule
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.